**Compliance with the Emergency Preparedness requirements will be determined in conjunction with the existing survey process for health and safety compliance surveys or Life Safety Code (LSC) surveys for each provider and supplier type.**
The healthcare provider types required to participate under the new rules are:
- Critical Access Hospitals
- Long-Term Care Facilities, Skilled Nursing Facilities, and Nursing Facilities
- Religious Nonmedical Health Care Institutions
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Programs of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly
- Transplant Centers
- Intermediate Care Facilities for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities
- Home Health Agencies
- Clinics, Rehabilitation Agencies, and Public Health Agencies as Providers of Outpatient Physical Therapy and Speech-Language Pathology Services
- Community Mental Health Centers
- Organ Procurement Organizations
- Rural Health Clinics and Federally Qualified Health Centers
- End-Stage Renal Disease Facilities
- CLIA Laboratories
New Mexico Department of Health is partnering with the FEMA Center for Domestic
Preparedness to offer an 8-hour one-day course designed to assist healthcare providers and
suppliers in achieving the four core emergency preparedness elements.
Classes will be offered Tuesday, Dec 5th, 2017 in Albuquerque and Thursday, Dec 7th in Las Cruces.
To register, please visit https://cdp.dhs.gov/students
Select 18N-0321 HSEP for the Albuquerque session
Select 18N-0322 HSEP for the Las Cruces session
Please note: You must have a FEMA SID number before you apply. Visit
https://cdp.dhs.gov/FEMASID to register for a FEMA SID
Special thanks to the Center for Domestic Preparedness Consortium – Donna Ana County, and the University of New Mexico for providing classroom space !
Please feel free to call or email with questions – thank you in advance for your participation.
Gregory Manz - Program Manager
Education, Training & Performance Development
Bureau of Health Emergency Management
Epidemiology & Response Division
New Mexico Department of Health